Doctor in Information Sciences from the Complutense University of Madrid and Bachelor of Communication Sciences from the National Autonomous University of Mexico. He has worked in Mexican public television (IMEVISION), Radio UNAM, Radio Education, Spanish Television (TVE) and on the Ibero-American Educational Television (atheists) in educational programs and projects and scientific dissemination.
His teaching career in the field of communication begins in 1983 at the National Autonomous University of Mexico. He is currently teacher Headline from the University of the Journalism career at the Rey Juan Carlos University.
Between his academic positions stand out:
- Principal Co-Investigator of the R&D Project: “Communication research maps in the Spanish universities of 2007 a 2018” Ref. PGC2018-093358-B-I00. (2018-20).
- Director of Master's Degree in Cultural Journalism and New Trends of the URJC. 2014-present.
- Secretary of the Section Theories and Research Methods in Communication of the Spanish Association for Communication Research (AE-IC). 2009-2016.
- Coordinator of the Section Theories and Research Methods in Communication of the Spanish Association for Communication Research (AE-IC). 2016-present.
- Academic secretary. Department of Communication Sciences and Sociology. Faculty of CC. of the comunication. URJC. 2018-present.
- Tutor of the Faculty of Communication Sciences of the URJC for the Employment Guidance and Information Center contracts (COIE) in the areas of Journalism, Audiovisual Communication and Advertising and Public Relations. During the courses: 2006-2011.
- Director of the Official Master in Communication and Sociocultural Problems of the Department of Communication I. Communication Sciences Faculty. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. During the school years: 2006-2010.
Equally, has participated in numerous research projects:
- “Maps of communication research in the Spanish universities of 2007 a 2018” Ref. PGC2018-093358-B-I00. (2018-20).
- "The construction of the instructive and ethical message about natural risks in the Media". Mapfre Foundation. Call for 2013 Research Grants Ignacio H. of Larramendi.
- "The hegemonic discourse regarding" Climate Change "in the media context of the risk society, of knowledge and innovation, and its experimental contrast between young people with other alternative discourse models ". Ref. CSO2010-16936 (2010-2013).
- "The hegemonic discourse regarding truth and communication: what the MCM say about social communication ”Ref: SEJ2007-62202(2007-2010).
- Teso Alonso, Gemma; Gaitan Moya, Juan Antonio; Morales Corral, Enrique; Lozano Ascencio, Carlos; Fernandez Reyes, Rogelio; Sanchez Holgado, Patricia; Asila Calderon, Carlos and.; Barranquero Carretero, Alejandro; Piñuel Raigada, Jose Luis (2020) REPORT OF THE OBSERVATORY OF THE MEDIA COMMUNICATION OF CLIMATE CHANGE 2020 Madrid, Ed. ECODES Foundation and MDCS. 127 pp. ISBN: 978-84-09-27316-4